DIRECTIONS FOR REFILLING YOUR ORIGINAL ROUND BOTTLE:
1. To refill the bottle that came with the MB's 3-in-1 Paint Brush Cleaning First Aid Kit, carefully remove the square cap from the round bottle.
2. Unscrew the nozzle on the Refill Bottle and tilt the Round Bottle slightly to place the Refill Bottle into the hole.
3. Gently squeeze (you don't want to create bubbles) the solution into the Round Bottle until the liquid is about 1/8" from the top of the clear portion of the Round Bottle.
4. It is important that you DO NOT OVERFILL the Round Bottle, or you will lose precious "Preservation Solution"!
5. You can use the "Preservation Solution" directly from the Refill Bottle, but I created this system for travel and portability. It is optional to use the Solution in the spray bottle, but it was super cute and very portable in the storage system. ;)
•HERE IS HOW TO USE THE ORIGINAL KIT•
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin
PREVENT, PRESERVE & PROTECT YOUR PAINT BRUSHES WITH THE ALL NEW MELANIE B'S 3-IN-1 PAINT BRUSH FIRST AID KIT!
Watch the video on how to use this system!
DIRECTIONS FOR USING THE MELANIE B'S 3-IN-1 PAINT BRUSH FIRST AID KIT...
STEP 1: Place the lid with the silicone brush scrubbing mat down into your round water rinse cup. This gentle scrubbing mat was selected to help remove paint between the fragile bristles of our detail brushes. Be sure to remove all paint before going to step 2. This step "PREVENTS" fraying by thoroughly removing the paint from between the bristles and around the ferrule...which can dry and cause fraying and permanent damage.
STEP 2: Take out one of the (washable and reusable) bamboo/cotton pads and the white disc from the top level of the jar. Wet the pad and squeeze out excess water. (Stretch the pad back into place, if necessary, to reshape it back into a circle.) Use the "PRESERVATION SOLUTION" and spritz it 2-3 times onto the surface of the damp pad. Use this surface to pull your bristles across and reshape them after your rinse your brush each time. This will condition them as you paint and keep them in the perfect shape. This step PRESERVES the shape of the brush and the condition of the bristles.
STEP 3: In the bottom layer of the jar you will find the "PROTECTION SOAP". This soap is handmade and includes ingredients that will stay on the bristles of your brushes and harden to reshape and maintain your brushes in the condition that you purchased them in. This soap will also reshape and restore your frayed brushes if you follow the method I presented in the video above. Step 3 will PROTECT your brushes from damage while stored and during travel by freezing the bristles into place until your next painting session.